Work With Us
No matter what color your thumbs are, NPK Associates is a great place to work! One thing clients compliment us about frequently is our attention to detail. That attention begins internally, with our employees. Employees at every level of our organization are not only valued and respected, but pushed to thrive and grow in their roles. We encourage inter-department communication and innovation, and we foster a positive and fulfilling work environment. NPK offers generous paid vacation time, a health insurance plan, evenings and weekends off, and a new adventure every day of the week. Come join our team and find out what all the excitement is about!
Who we are: NPK Associates, Inc
Where we are located: 329 W 18th st. Chicago - South Loop, near China Town & Pilsen
We are a small, award-winning company which specializes in tropical plants, flowers, and art pieces. We do projects of many sizes and types, from container plants and living walls to botanic art and moss installations. Our work sites range throughout Chicagoland and include exterior landscaping, atriums, restaurants, hotels, and office interiors.
Full time Floral Designer
This is a full-time position, hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm. Pay will start at $18 to $22 hourly, depending on existing experience. Minimum of 2 years’ experience required. There will be opportunities to earn commission. We are looking for someone who is creative and thinks outside the box, while still maintaining the client’s vision. You must have a working knowledge of what flowers are in season and in budget. You will be creating Weekly floral arrangements using seasonal florals that will be sent out to clients. This job requires professionalism, motivation, reliability, time management, the ability to stay within a budget and basic math skills. We do not require work outside of your schedule, though extra work at overtime rates may be offered.
This job will require you to have your own vehicle. You will have to travel to the markets weekly to purchase floral materials. Reimbursement will be offered for parking and mileage You must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs, as you will be lifting arrangements and materials.
If this position sounds like you, please email us or fill out our application.
***We are ready to start the right candidate as soon as possible***
- Purchase all floral materials needed for weekly accounts within or under budget.
- Purchase all floral material needs for one-time sales, within or under budget.
- Process in-house email orders and invoices.
- Maintain refresh stock, refresh at clients’ locations.
- Fully prepare all orders in timely manner, photograph weekly creations; categorize by account, season, promotions, etc.
- Prepare all delivery paperwork and updates
- Aid Sales and Marketing with bids, promotions, client-requests, etc
- Meet with Sales and Marketing on a regular basis
- Work with the Studio team for holiday preparation, design and execution.
- Pursue new floral clients.
- Health Care plan with copay
- Sick Pay
- Vacation and Holiday pay