Work With Us
No matter what color your thumbs are, NPK Associates is a great place to work! One thing clients compliment us about frequently is our attention to detail. That attention begins internally, with our employees. Employees at every level of our organization are not only valued and respected, but pushed to thrive and grow in their roles. We encourage inter-department communication and innovation, and we foster a positive and fulfilling work environment. NPK offers generous paid vacation time, a health insurance plan, evenings and weekends off, and a new adventure every day of the week. Come join our team and find out what all the excitement is about!
Current Job Openings
Junior Operations Staff
Phase 1 Job Description
- Water and service warehouse plant stock and NPK office plants
- Prepare orders or daily deliveries (clean, sand, topdress, assemble)
- Receive product shipments; complete all intake tasks (unsleeve, examine, count, tag)
- Take out dumpster and recycling as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Assist & shadow with studio projects as determined by Warehouse/Studio Manager
- Train and shadow with Floral and Service departments
- Fill-in as service technician as determined by Install/Operations Managers
- Assist Floral department as needed
- Assist with special events or plant sales when possible
- Train and assist with green wall related projects
- Train and assist with irrigation related projects
- Fill in as Driver or Installer as determined by Install Manager
- Assist with product packaging, loading, unloading, and breakdown as needed
- Shadow Installation Manager, scheduling tasks and calendar management
During tenure, Junior Operations Staff will shadow for potential fill-in roles with service and floral departments. Staff member will shadow with Warehouse Manager to understand ordering and inventory. Staff member will shadow with Installation Manager to understand weekly scheduling tasks and the calendar. Staff member will learn special projects such as moss walls, green walls, and irrigation.
After gaining knowledge and proving effectiveness, Junior Operations Staff can be eligible for the position of Operations Staff. Candidate will then have the opportunity to manage warehouse production. Promotion to be determined during performance reviews.
The hours will be 7am-3pm, M-F. This is a full-time position, though part-time positions will be considered if desired. Pay will start at $16-17 hourly with opportunity to advance, including pathways to management for the right candidate. We are looking for a hard-worker with a high level of enthusiasm, energy, and an interest in horticulture. A valid driver’s license is required. Experience working with tropical plants, greenhouses, landscaping, or any horticultural education is a plus. Creative background is a plus. Experience with tools, MS Office, or automotive maintenance is a plus. The work is often physical - it requires moving and being on your feet for most of the day. There is lifting and bending involved. You must be able to lift 50 lbs. Site work will be as needed and encompasses floral deliveries, exterior landscaping, plant replacements, holiday decorating, and more. Though you will have a steady schedule, this is a job where each day is different than the last. We do not require weekend or evening work. We offer a health insurance plan, and generous paid vacation.