Premier interior landscaping company, established in 1985, seeks a horticultural service manager. Applicants should have at least two years experience, good leadership and organizational skills and be knowledgeable in Word, Excell and Email. Green thumb candidates should be motivators and team builders for our service staff of 10 service techs. An automobile or access to a car is necessary as routes include Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland. Duties will include recruitment, training, record-keeping and routing, account checks and coverage for ill or vacationing team members. Hourly rate commensurate with experience level. Please apply on-line.
Job Responsibilities: prospecting for new customers, following up on new contact inquiries, presenting quotes and closing customer sales. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing the quality of product and services delivered.
• Prospects, follows up on new contact inquires and schedules appointments for potential new customer accounts to identify their interior/exterior plantscape and holiday décor needs.
• Estimates job costs and creates a professional presentation for a face to face meet with the new customer lead.
• Tracks and reports sales pipeline, customer call activity and sales closing success.
• Processes new sales through company order processing guidelines.
• Supports management with suggestions for improvement and implementation of changes in policies and procedures.
• Follows up with customer contacts to ensure client satisfaction.
• Recommends new sales products, new supply sources and new design inspirations.
• Supports and builds on company’s social media presence.
• Maintains professional skills and knowledge through industry publications, attending workshops and networking.
• Contributes to team effort by supporting all departments as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Horticultural education or professional experience.
• Minimum 2 years prior sales experience
• Strong computer skills
• Good design skills
• Strong interpersonal and customer communication skills.
• Goal oriented and has a passion for customer service and motivation for sales
• Automobile necessary for sales calls in the Chicagoland area.
Salary: Base + Commission